The Week provides a unique forum for the exchange of views, experiences and practices between the scientific, business, policy and civic communities. It focuses on new thinking and positive action toward water-related challenges and their impact on the world’s environment, health, climate, economic and poverty reduction agendas by:
- Linking scientific understanding with policy and decision-making to develop concrete solutions to water, environment and development challenges
- Fostering proactive partnerships and alliances between individuals and organizations from different fields of expertise
- Highlighting ground-breaking research, best practices and innovative policy work by stakeholders and experts around the world and from multiple disciplines
- Reviewing the implementation of actions, commitments and decisions in international processes and by different stakeholders in response to the challenge
- Awarding outstanding achievements
World Water Week theme
Each year the Week addresses a particular theme to enable a deeper examination of a specific water-related topic. While not all events during the Week relate to the overall theme, the seminars driven by the Scientific Programme Committee and many sessions focus on various aspects of the theme.
In 2018, the theme will be “Water, ecosystems and human development”.
Stockholm Water Prize
During the Week, the Stockholm Water Prize is awarded to help recognize outstanding water achievements and encourage interest in water and sustainability issues. This legacy continues with the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
For registration and further information visit http://www.worldwaterweek.org/